This course includes a free copy of the bestselling book “Lean Thinking: Banish Waste And Create Wealth In Your Corporation” by Womack & Jones.
Lean Management has been a total revolution in the automotive industry and since then sparked widely across several other industries and branches. Many however, have no real idea what Lean actually means, what it is or what makes the lean methodology successful. Others have heard about it, but have no real experience.
This lean training is designed to facilitate the meaning of Lean and its principles, deliver practical experience and examples and to present the most common tools used in lean. Trainings and interventions will activate you and guide you to the change process.
The lean training is held and run by former Porsche management consultants, who are experts in successful lean transformations. Our training features practical tools and templates, derived directly from the management consulting business. Interventions, practical examples and war-stories round off the training and are all contextual embedded. The lean training is furthermore enriched by your discussions and inputs, which will lead to a common understanding and broader learning. Our especially developed Steinbeis Consulting Center Intercultural Academy-Simulation will finally reinforce your newly acquired knowledge.
Basis for our simulation is a production environment as it can be found in several places around the world. As the game continues, you will experience optimizations by the introduction of lean principles. This will enable you to touch, feel and see the direct effects of your actions. In opposite to many other lean simulations, we have put a great effort in depicting complexity in the simulated products. That way you will be able to recognize that lean is not purely designed for standardized production environments (like the automotive industry), but can easily be transferred to complex products and (apparently) little standardized, unpredictable business areas like administrative functions.
We will present to you in a foray how such a transfer of lean management to the administrative area can be mastered. Additionally you will learn how coaching and targeted, pyramidal communication will guide you and your employees through a bottom-up oriented lean transformation.
Your qualification ends with a certificate as International Lean Coach & Facilitator (SHB) issued by the Steinbeis University Berlin
In this 5‑day hands-on certified Lean Management training you will familiarize yourself with:
- The use and necessity of a lean transformation
- Core elements of a lean company
- Lean as philosophy and the objectives of lean production
- Perspectives of a lean transformation
- The different kinds of waste
- The 4 lean principles
- Common tools used in a lean implementation and for eliminating waste
- How lean can be applied in administrative functions
- How a lean projects is set up and run
- The application of tools and templates used in Management Consulting
- Targeted communication
- Benefit from the exchange with other participants
- The use of feedback, shadowing, coaching and training
- How to deal with pitfalls and false expectations
- Practical transfer and application: The Steinbeis Consulting Center Intercultural Academy Lean Simulation
- How to design and run lean workshops
- Basic principles of project management
The objective of the Lean training is to enable you by a combination of hands-on-experience and theory to:
- understand what Lean actually means and what makes it so successful in real life
- identify waste and to know how to implement counter measures
- transfer your newly acquired knowledge to your business functions
- implement lean standards even in areas with high complexity
- apply the common lean tools tailored to your needs
- know how targeted communication and coaching can support a bottom-up lean project
- apply a professional consulting firm approach to lean management
- run a lean project
- Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
- Executives, Supervisors, Team Leaders
- Project managers & Change Managers
- First line managers, operators, administrative staff
- Professionals and freelancers
- Employees and project managers who have to implement lean principles and found themselves confronted with lean for the first time
- People with little or no knowledge of lean
- Those who have heard about lean but have not gained further experience
- Everyone interested in lean management
Nothing suitable for you? Then put yourself on our waiting list: